The goal of The League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide. Membership in The League is open to all citizens, female or male, of voting age. Membership includes subscriptions to the national, state and local League VOTER Newsletters.
- We study and discuss issues of local, state, regional and national concern.
- We inform ourselves, legislators and the general public about the results of our research.
- We lobby for passage of laws we support and for the defeat of laws we oppose based on League principles.
- We monitor elections and government actions.
- We sponsor candidate debates and community forums on vital issues.
- We testify at legislative and administrative hearings to ensure citizen input in policy-making decisions.
- We publish and distribute issue-oriented material and locally our Guide to Elected Officials, a governmental directory.
- We work on increasing voter registration and turn out at the polls.